One of the useful features of the JNIOR is its ability to monitor data and act on it. Whether the JNIOR is wired directly to production control, communicating with another device, or simply recording inventory of production, the JNIOR can help automate what happens in your factory. Here are some example implementations the JNIORs been involved in:
- Monitoring gas equipment to send real-time alerts
- Monitoring flour flow from a source silo to a destination silo by using a solid flow meter to generate reports on what types/total amount of flour was used in the process.
- Providing real-time cloud based information for waste water, water storage, lift station and oil and gas. You would sign up to use a web portal to view your data in real-time and get alerts.
- Using a Line Side Printing web page you can create labels configured with bar codes, QR codes, text, data wild cards, and enter a list of part numbers to be added to each label, along with the date and sequential number. Label configurations can be stored on the JNIOR and transferred easily to other JNIORs.
- Environmental monitoring – interfaceing with and log air quality sensors for emission monitoring.
The most widespread use of the JNIOR comes from Cinemas. More than one-third digital cinema screens throughout the world are controlled by INTEG cinema automation controllers. Since the early days of digital cinema technology development, INTEG Process Group has been at the forefront of digital cinema automation controls. Today, INTEG’s comprehensive suite of hardware automation controllers, software utilities and integrated systems leverage the power of digital cinema technology and the convenience of both Ethernet and serial communications for maximum automatic theatre operation efficiencies and optimal audience viewing experiences. Some of the actions the JNIOR can perform in cinema are viewable below:
- Is compatiable as both being the head of a theatre system, or as an I/O box for wiring.
- Can communicate with external devices involved in Cinema such as projectors, audio processors, lighting controllers, etc.
- Can control and automate auditorium utility systems such as fire alarms, exit doors, emergency lights.
What makes the JNIOR a smart alternative to traditional logic controllers?
It’s truly turnkey. The JNIOR is easy to install and includes free standard applications providing a variety of functionality. You can even develop your own applications and web pages for the JNIOR using free software samples.
It’s flexible. The JNIOR can be a standalone controller or integrates easily with other applications, and it’s expandable as your needs change.
Handles a variety of communication methods. The JNIOR can integrate with your application via a variety of communication methods including MQTT for IIoT applications, Modbus, serial communications, JNIOR TCP protocol and any custom protocol used for your private applications.
It’s cost-effective. Our customers often tell us they can purchase a JNIOR for one-third the cost of a similar PLC. Plus, there’s no need to pay for additional software or services.
It’s backed by reliable service. We provide prompt, friendly free technical support and training for JNIOR users. Remote support is quickly done via Team Viewer or other remote connection tool.
Using the JNIOR for DMX fixtures allows control of 512 channels. Lighting cues can be set between time intervals, and can either change immediately, or over a period of time. Controlling DMX comes from scripts to control the DMX channels. Commands can be sent to the JNIOR so that scripts can be activated over Ethernet. Scripts can also be connected to triggers on the JNIOR’s I/O. As an example, this would allow you to connect a script to Output 1, so that when the output activates the script does as well.
Time Based Automation
One of the important things to have in automation is being able to time when an action occurs. The JNIOR can schedule most of its functionality using the Tasker application. It allows things such as I/O, command macros, expansion modules, data logging, and folder organization set to activate based on a certain event occurring or time frame. Below are some examples of scheduling that the JNIOR has been involved in:
- Irrigation systems that control what parts of the day plants get water along with how much water to dispense.
- Fan system that could activate to cool a room, and would do so when a temperature sensor connected to a JNIOR reached a certain degree.
- Controlling sirens to keep them from activating on a golf course during night-time hours to prevent waking neighbors of the golf course.
The JNIOR has other additional uses listed here.
- Uses the Serial-to-Ethernet application to check the status of radios along a train tracks.
- Implemented a custom application to find the sunrise and sunset of each day to activate command executions at those times.
- Can be updated to run custom applications for extra/new functionality.
Your Own Implementation
As stated before, the JNIOR has tremendous adaptability. If you haven’t seen an implementation here that is similar to what you are trying to do, get in touch with us at email@example.com and/or calling us at 724-933-9350. Tell us what setup/installation you are trying to create, and we can help you find how the JNIOR can be used in your solution.