|JANOS - UPD||v2.4.1||Sep 05 2023||960.1 KB||585e5b27dcebe8e376d5c08dd13facf7|
|Series 4 All-In-One Update Project||v2.4.1||Sep 05 2023||1.8 MB||f0e09a9af731be0477df13e707b38c30|
|Core JANOS Update Project||v2.4.1||Sep 05 2023||1.3 MB||921c9867931b4f36234527e597b14d46|
|JANOS Release Notes||v2.4.1||Sep 05 2023||478.2 KB||b266d38b1a93d643f2e692e919b23786|
The JNIOR OS has a variety of features that make it feel more like a PC than an industrial controller or small programmable logic controller. With features like Telnet, FTP, NTP, file directory, JVM, logs, multi-threaded applications, multiple network connections, plug and play expansion I/O, and a variety of user-friendly features built into the OS, the JNIOR is easy to configure, operate and maintain.
The JNIOR Series 4 OS, JANOS, is a multi-tasking operating system that executes on a powerful 32-bit microprocessor with 32 MB DRAM, 2 MB SRAM and 64 MB flash memory. This dynamic OS includes a full feature Java Virtual Machine (JVM) developed by INTEG. The JVM runs standard Java programs with no special classes or compilation required, allowing easy development of custom code for execution on the JNIOR Ethernet I/O Controller.
JANOS contains an advanced, modern web server capable of executing HTML5 code and web sockets.
A variety of software programs are available for the JNIOR that bring a lot of functionality to the JNIOR without any programming. Customized programs can also be written in Java.
Operating System Features include:
- Multi-threaded programs.
- JVM – Java Virtual Machine
- Immutable Memory Blocks for robust dynamic data storage.
- Web server.
- Plug and play expansion I/O.
- Registry system for storing configuration items.
- Configuration file can be transferred to a new JNIOR for instant configuration.
- Many user-friendly commands available via a command line (Telnet or Putty or HyperTerminal) connection.
- Real-time clock with world time zones.
- NTP – Network Time Protocol for accurate real-time clock sync.
- SNMP – Simple Network Management Protocol.