- Serial Control Plus
- Serial to Ethernet
- Task Manager
- Analog Presets Control
- Utility Usage Monitor
- Line Side Printing
- JNIOR Software Development Kit
- JNIOR Support Tool
This compact Ethernet I/O controller’s core operating system and bundled software applications boast numerous built-in features that make the JNIOR suitable for a variety of applications right out of the box, with no programming required.
The JNIOR Support Tool is a PC-based software package that should be downloaded from our website Support area as soon as you purchase a JNIOR. It allows you to enter your JNIOR IP address via our Beacon technology, configure a variety of JNIOR features via our Registry editor, easily load additional software and updates to one or many JNIORs, review logs and back-up or duplicate your JNIOR configuration.
Bundled JNIOR Software
Bundled software that is preloaded on each JNIOR includes: Serial Control Plus, Serial-to-Ethernet and Task Manager.
Add-on Application Software
Line Side Printing allows the JNIOR to print labels for parts manufacturers right when the part is completed. Digital input signals are used to trigger the JNIOR to indicate the part number to print. The label can contain both text and barcodes, as well as the date and sequential number.
Custom Software by INTEG
The JNIOR is a very flexible and powerful automation controller. Utilize our bundled or add-on software applications. If those don’t meet your needs, let INTEG quickly develop an application for you. INTEG has already developed a number of custom applications for a variety of customers. Some of these applications have become our ‘add-on’ applications because they have met the needs of a large group of customers.
Develop Your Own Software
Custom software can be developed by the user via the JNIOR Software Development Kit (SDK) or by INTEG (for a nominal fee) when requested by the end user. Please contact INTEG to discuss your custom application.
- Ethernet using ASCII Commands
- Ethernet using HEX Commands
- Ethernet using the JNIOR Protocol
- Custom Communication Protocols
- JNIOR Web Server
- Kepware OPC Server (Modbus)
- Modbus/TCP Server – Master and Slave
- Serial ASCII Commands
- Windows DLL
The JNIOR supports a variety of communication protocols, including TCP/IP (JNIOR protocol), Modbus/TCP, serial ASCII commands, Ethernet TCP ASCII Commands and OPC.
The JNIOR has a web page that allows you to monitor and manually control I/O and configure a variety of functions on the JNIOR.
With a comprehensive set of built-in functions, the JNIOR is more than just an Ethernet I/O module. Built-in functionality includes:
- Counters – each input acts as a counter capable of almost 2,000 pulses per second.
- Usage Meters – the total amount of time each input and output is ‘on’ is calculated.
- Latched Inputs – each input can be set to ‘latch on’ until manually reset or time expires.
- Inverted Inputs – change the logical decision of an input status from ‘off’ to ‘on’ to be inverted to ‘on’ to ‘off’.
- Flexible Output Control – the outputs can be turned on, off, toggled, or pulsed for a user definable time period.
- Output Initial State – each output can be set to turn ‘on’ or ‘pulse’ after boot-up.
- I/O Slaving – each output can be “slaved” to master input or output on same or different JNIOR.
- Alarms – alarms can be generated based on an input transition, or counter or usage meter value being exceeded.
- E-mail Notification – send e-mails based on alarms and other events.
- Real Time Clock – the JNIOR contains a battery backed real time clock that handles world time zones and daylight savings.
- Network Time Protocol – sync the JNIOR time with any server on the network or Internet.