This Community site is new! Please help us build a community around the JNIOR.
Sign up, and help share your knowledge. Please sign-up even if you do not plan to post as a sign of support.
If there is evidence of a demand we will continue to develop the content here.

CineAsia

If it flashes, strobes, moves, fogs, or smokes then this is the place for you. Let's talk about DMX lighting control using the JNIOR
kmcloutier

CineAsia

Post by kmcloutier » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:40 pm

Rick is in Hong Kong at CineAsia. He says

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to let you know that I will be at CineAsia in Hong Kong next week. The tradeshow is Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, December 12, 13 and 14.

INTEG has booth number 305. Please stop by my booth if you are attending CineAsia.

I can demonstrate our newest JNIOR, the JNIOR Model 412DMX for controlling DMX lights. The 412DMX is a slightly different version of the existing JNIOR 412. We took the AUX serial port and replaced it with a 5-pin DMX port. We then developed a new DMX application for the JNIOR. This allows the JNIOR to do all of its normal functions AND act as a DMX controller for up to 512 channels. The 412DMX can also control the INTEG 3 Channel LED Dimmer modules.

The new DMX software will also run on the existing JNIORs 410 and 412.

On the JNIOR 410, you can add a DB9 to DMX conversion cable and connect directly to DMX networks. On the JNIOR 412, you can use the DMX software to send ARTNET commands to DMX conversion devices. Both JNIORs can also control the INTEG 3 Channel LED expansion modules.

Please see the attached document describing the JNIOR Model 412DMX and DMX software for DMX lighting applications.

I have also attached a document describing our solutions for LED lighting.

Also new with the JNIOR 412DMX is our new ‘ride through power supply’. The internal JNIOR power circuit on the 412DMX has the electronics to act as a UPS for up to 15 seconds. So the next time the power dips in the theatre, the JNIOR will detect it and SEND alerts and take control actions as necessary.

The JNIOR can execute a macro when the power dips to alert the theatre, shut down the projector, pause the cinema player, etc. And if the power recovers fast enough, the JNIOR can execute a different macro. A lot can be done in those precious few seconds before the JNIOR shuts down.

Hopefully I will see you at CineAsia next week. If not, please email me with any questions you may have.

We will also be at CinemaCom in Las Vegas in April 2018.

Best regards,

Rick Shulkosky

INTEG
I am a Senior Software Programmer at INTEG. You have questions and I have answers.

kmcloutier

Re: CineAsia

Post by kmcloutier » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:41 pm

Here are the attachments...
JNIOR Lighting Solutions Brochure_rev0.pdf
(453.45 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
JNIOR 412DMX Brochure_st.pdf
(796.08 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
I am a Senior Software Programmer at INTEG. You have questions and I have answers.